Religion & Philosophy

Sharia for Belgium?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 06:50:46
Belgium banned the Burka (yay!), but Muslims in London began protesting for Islamic world domination, and Sharia for Belgium (nay!):

If I wanted to protest to have all of these demonstrators deported, then that of course would make me a racist .

If you dont like it in Europe or America, then please feel free to get on the next plane to whichever wonderful Sharia coutry you want to live in and GTFO.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 07:51:54
Tbh I think I believe in the happy medium here. Don't want Shariah law but thing Muslims should be allowed to wear the burqa if they want to.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 08:07:36
The problem we face though is that Burqa wearing has done nothing but cause a huge ideology seperation between muslims and non muslims in Europe. A lot of Europeans and non muslims simply do not like it, and the Muslims who do stick to and believe in the burqa wearing tradition tend to be the ones that are very repressed, anti western, and even wanting Sharia law in their host country.

Keeping Muslims and Non muslims so seperated and at each others throats just further intensifies this divide, and keeping things that way will never allow for the two sides to fully integrate with one other.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#4New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 08:24:13
@Bhav Said

The problem we face though is that Burqa wearing has done nothing but cause a huge ideology seperation between muslims and non muslims in Europe. A lot of Europeans and non muslims simply do not like it, and the Muslims who do stick to and believe in the burqa wearing tradition tend to be the ones that are very repressed, anti western, and even wanting Sharia law in their host country.

Keeping Muslims and Non muslims so seperated and at each others throats just further intensifies this divide, and keeping things that way will never allow for the two sides to fully integrate with one other.

I think forcing people to not wear what they want to wear is more likely to intensify any divide personally.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 08:30:02
@jmo Said

I think forcing people to not wear what they want to wear is more likely to intensify any divide personally.

So should people be allowed to wear KKK outfits or Nazi symbols on their clothes too? What about wearing a Ski Mask while going shopping if someone chooses to do so?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#6New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 08:31:20
@Bhav Said

So should people be allowed to wear KKK outfits or Nazi symbols on their clothes too? What about wearing a Ski Mask while going shopping if someone chooses to do so?

KKK outfits and Nazi symbols represent racial hatred and divide, and are consciously worn to offend. The same cannot be said for Burqas.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 08:41:31
@jmo Said

KKK outfits and Nazi symbols represent racial hatred and divide, and are consciously worn to offend. The same cannot be said for Burqas.

I think the same definately can be said about Burqas, its about dividing Muslim women from women who show their skin that Islam considers to be infidels and whores.

Also, all it does among Muslims who wear the veil is reinforce the seperation of gender.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#8New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 08:45:55
@Bhav Said

I think the same definately can be said about Burqas, its about dividing Muslim women from women who show their skin that Islam considers to be infidels and whores.

Also, all it does among Muslims who wear the veil is reinforce the seperation of gender.

It isn't being worn to divide people though, it's being worn as part of their faith.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 09:22:36
@jmo Said

It isn't being worn to divide people though, it's being worn as part of their faith.

It is being worn for both of those things - as part of a faith which openly divides people into Muslim and Non Muslim, and divides Men and Women that practice this form of the relgion.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#10New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 09:24:48
@Bhav Said

It is being worn for both of those things - as part of a faith which openly divides people into Muslim and Non Muslim, and divides Men and Women that practice this form of the relgion.

Your problem seems to be more related to Islam and Muslims than the Burqa. The Burqa in itself is not divisive, if Muslim women wish to wear it as part of their beliefs then they should.

It isn't being worn to be outwardly offensive, it's being worn for personal reasons.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#11New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 09:29:35
@Bhav Said

So similarly western women shouldn't wear makeup or bras because it divides men from women?
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 09:31:55
@SparklyKatie Said

So similarly western women shouldn't wear makeup or bras because it divides men from women?

Not really, because western men can wear makeup and bras as well.

But Islamic men dont wear the Burqa, nor to both genders have equal roles in Islam.

@jmo Said

if Muslim women wish to wear it as part of their beliefs then they should.

In most cases, women who choose to wear the Burqa arent choosing to, they are being forced by their families and culture into doing so, and then adopt the belief that it is neccessary to cover themselves up because of their religion.

Very few women actually decide to sit down one day, read the Koran, and then choose themselves to wear a Burqa.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 09:33:52
@Bhav Said

But Islamic men dont wear the Burqa, nor to both genders have equal roles in Islam.

But men have traditions in Islam that women don't.

And I didn't mention equal roles I was just talking about traditional clothing.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#14New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 09:34:12
@Bhav Said

You are the one criticising division yet here you are perpetuating it. Rather than talk of Islamic Men and Western Men why not just talk about men?

Men can wear Burqas if they chose, as they can wear bras and make-up if they chose.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! May 26, 2010 @ 09:40:40
@SparklyKatie Said

And I didn't mention equal roles I was just talking about traditional clothing.

Ok, the Burqa is not traditional Islamic clothing. It was introduced by the Taliban regime in Afganistan where women were forced to wear it, or beaten if their faces were exposed. The Burqa then spread to Saudi Arabia, and very rapifly to other Islamic Countries, each one adopting its own law regarding the Burqa. One thing is clear though - Just about all Islamic states, and Scholars are entirely undecided on whether the Burqa is a requirement under Islamic faith or not.

10-20 years ago, muslim women in Britain did not adopt to wearing Burqas as part of their faith, however this movement has mostly come around during the last decade among the muslims who have adopted a more extreme form of Islamic practice.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs